Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tonight's Dinner plans...

S one of my staples in my house is whole chickens. I purchase the 2 pack at Costco for under $12. I am going to clean out the chicken sprinkle it with a lot of salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. I have a metal round baking dish which I will line very well with aluminum foil (to avoid heavy scrubbing later!). Place the chicken breasts down in the pan and put it on a preheated bbq for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to low and bake for 50 minutes. Keep checking your meat with a thermometer...I love the Pampered Chef digital thermometer (did I mention I sell Pampered Chef products? Let me know if you need one!) When the chicken reaches 165 degrees, remove and let rest for 30 minutes covered with foil. In the meantime, I am going to make artichokes. To prepare the artichokes, take scissors and cut off the top of all the leaves that have the little thorns. Take a knife and cut the stem off and then cut the artichokes in half lengthwise. With a pairing knife, carefully cut right under the hairs in order to pull out the small leaves and hairs. Place in a large pot of cold water and put on the stove and boil for 30 minutes. I like to make a mayo/lemon mixture to dip, but I know many people like melted butter. (I get my artichokes at Costco...they have a 4 pack for $5 and they are really big! Graham loves artichoke hearts!!) My othere side dish is going to be leftover rice...I know, boring but it is in the fridge! P.S. don't have a bbq? Cook your chicken in the oven on 400 for an hour and a half but make sure it's covered with foil until the last 15 minutes otherwise your oven will be a mess with oil splatter! Keep It Simple and Happy Cooking!

1 comment: