Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Costco Ice Cream Maker

A week ago I was doing my 2 week Costco shopping trip when I came upon the Cuisenart Ice Cream maker. This is a great ice cream maker which I have been aware of through friends and family, but I had not owned one yet. Costco had them on sale for $23.99. If you factor in the cost of $5+ per half gallon of ice cream, the savings with this maker are huge! Not to mention how often I crave ice cream and don't have any, and with this maker you can quickly and EASILY make ice cream in 25 minutes plus one hour in the freezer. Advice/Tip: you do need some whipping cream to make ice cream and I have found the least expensive whipping cream at Costco, so while you are there picking up your machine, grab some whipping cream before you check out. ALSO, when making ice cream, my mom gave me a fabulous tip...don't leave ice cream in the maker, scoop it out and store in tupperware and clean the bowl out to keep in freezer. The bowl does take awhile to freeze (20 hours). Ice cream/sorbet/frozen yogurt recipes to follow! :)

1 comment: