Monday, May 28, 2012

Last Minute Leftovers make a FAB recipe!

So last night I wanted to make something simple, savory, EASY, and most importantly using leftovers in my fridge and pantry.  I was craving chicken noodle casserole, and had had left over rotisserie chicken from the store.  Here is what I made with a yummy garden salad...the casserole took 15 minutes to put together and 30 minutes to bake.

8 ozs egg noodles (I used bowtie and it worked just fine)
3 cups chicken (the recipe called for poached chicken breasts, I used leftovers and you could even use canned)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions. 
Mix soups and sour cream together, adding salt and pepper to taste.  When pasta is done mix chicken and pasta together then add soup/sour cream mixture and mix thoroughly.  Place everything in a 2-qt cooking dish, top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.  (I would recommend putting dish on a piece of aluminum foil in oven in case the dish bubbles over a bit. Cleaning my oven is not Keepin' It Simple!)

Enjoy!

1 comment: